Logz.io Data Optimization helps you manage and optimize your Logz.io products by offering tailored recommendations and a quick and easy way to drop your logs and metrics.
To get started, navigate to Data hub > Optimize.
Explore Metrics and Logs
You can switch between your Logs and Metrics overview.
The Metrics table includes the following details:
- Name - Metric’s name and its related labels. Click on the labels to view the complete list included in this metric.
- UTS - Amount of unique time series used by this metric and a percentage representation of how much it’s using.
- Account - The accounts that are using this metric.
- Used - An indication of how you’re using this metric in the account you are signed in to.
- Actions - Hover over each metric to reveal the Drop button.
- Explore - Clicking on the three dots lets you Rollup or explore this in the Metrics dashboard.
The Logs table includes the following details:
- Type - The type of the log.
- Structure - An overview of the log’s build. Click on it to open a side menu with the complete log and its items.
- Usage - Amount of GB used by this log and a percentage representation of how much it’s using.
- # of logs - A numeric value of how many logs exist inside this specific type. The number is updated every 24 hours.
- Actions - Hover over each line to reveal the Drop button.
- Explore - Clicking on the three dots lets you explore this in OpenSearch Dashboards.
Filter your Metrics view
The Metrics overview includes two primary filters you can apply: Account and Used.
The Account filter includes all of the accounts associated with your user, and the Used filter helps you understand how the data is being used.
You can apply these filters quickly from within the table by clicking on the desired values.
To identify which metrics can be optimized, apply the Not used filter. The results will include all metrics not used by any dashboard or alert, which you can drop.
Drop and optimize
After viewing and analyzing your data, it’s time to optimize your usage by using the drop action.
You can drop individual metrics or logs or perform a bulk-drop action by selecting several metrics or logs.
By clicking on the checkbox next to each metric, you can select it. To select all metrics on the page, click on the checkbox at the top of the table. To select all metrics that match your filter, click on the link at the top of the table.
Once selected, a new Drop button will appear at the top of the table. Click on it to review all metrics that will be dropped and to get a percentage estimation of how much you’ll save.
Manage your dropped metrics by navigating to Data Hub > Drop filters > Metrics.
You can drop different types of logs by hovering over its line and clicking on the Drop button.
The button opens a dialog where you can customize your drop filter. Select the log type, field, and value you’d like to include in your drop filter, check the acknowledgment button and click Apply filter.
Manage your dropped logs by navigating to Data Hub > Drop filters > Logs.