Live Tail gives you a live view of your logs as they come into Logz.io, eliminating the need to SSH into a remote machine.
Start, stop, scroll, and clear
- To start Live Tail, press (play).
- To display only filtered results, type a regex in the Match and Ignore boxes and press Enter. Log lines that meet your Match and Ignore criteria are shown in real time. More on the parsed data view below. 👇
- To end the Live Tail session, press (stop).
- To pause, scroll with your mouse or trackpad. The session remains active and logs continue to load, but scrolling is paused. To go to the bottom of the tail and resume scrolling, press (scroll).
- To clear the Live Tail view, click (clear).
Find and highlight terms
- To show all instances of a term in yellow, use the Find box.
- To highlight different phrases, click (settings), and then type the word or phrase you want to highlight. Click on a highlighted term to remove it.
Work in parsed data view
The parsed data view divides logs into columns, saving you from having to visually scan entire lines of raw text.
When you first switch to parsed data view, you’ll see the
- To add a new column, click (to the right of the table heading row), choose a field to show in the new column, and click Apply.
- To remove a column, hover over the column header and click .
- To move a column left or right, hover over the column header and click or .
- To add a new filter to your session, click Add a filter, choose a field and filter condition, and then click Apply. Click a filter to edit it, or click on that filter to remove it.