This feature is in beta. Please contact the Logz.io Support team or your account manager to request early access.
You can import your existing dashboards to Logz.io via a bulk process (using a Python script) or via a manual process.
Importing multiple dashboards via script
To enable easy migration, we created a Python script to bulk upload your Grafana dashboards to our platform.
- Bulk import is supported for Grafana version 6 and above.
- Dashboards that include annotations, notification endpoints, and other external resources imported without these resources during bulk import.
- Custom selection of dashboards is not possible with bulk import. All your dashboard folders imported to a single folder within Logz.io.
- Grafana dashboards with schema version 14 or lower that include “row” objects are not aded: You will receive a warning in the logs. We recommend that you update your dashboard ma to the latest version.
p8s_logzio_namevariable is not added to panel queries that don’t include filtering: will receive a warning in the logs.
- Some panel types are not supported by the Logz.io platform. If your dashboard includes an pported panel type, you will receive a warning in the logs. You may experience some issues le the panel renders in Logz.io.
Bulk dashboard import procedure
From your Terminal, perform the following steps:
Clone the repository.
Use the following command to clone the repo:
git clone https://github.com/logzio/grafana-dashboard-migration-tool.git
Use the following command to switch to the repo directory:
Run the script and configure environment variables.
Run the following script and configure your environment variables:
python main.py # If python 3 is your default version
python3 main.py # If python 2 is your default version
Bulk dashboard migration configuration parameters
|GRAFANA_HOST||Your Grafana host without protocol specification (for example, localhost:3000)|
|GRAFANA_TOKEN||Your Grafana editor/admin API key: Find or create one under Configuration > API keys|
|LOGZIO_API_TOKEN||Your Logz.io account API token: You can find the API token under Settings > Tools > Manage tokens > API tokens.|
|REGION_CODE||Your Logz.io region code: You can look up your region code here
For example, if your region is US, then your region code is
For the dashboard import to work smoothly, you’ll need to change the name of the data source in your JSON file to the name of your Logz.io Metrics account. Your Metrics account information is located in the Manage Accounts ( > Settings > Manage accounts) page of your Operations workspace.
Importing individual dashboards
To import individual dashboards:
Navigate to the Metrics tab.
Log into Logz.io and navigate to the Metrics tab.
Select the Import option.
In the left navigation pane, click and select Import.
To import your existing Prometheus dashboards, first export the relevant dashboards as JSON files, then click Upload json file and select the files to upload.
For related information see Upload JSON logs.
To import dashboards from Grafana.com, enter the relevant dashboard URL or ID in Import via grafana.com and Load them.