Oh, the Traces You’ll Go!
This section includes the following topics:
- Why Distributed Tracing?: An overview of Logz.io’s Jaeger-powered tracing solution
- Getting started: What you need to decide and set up to use Logz.io Distributed Tracing
- The Distributed Tracing Grand Tour: Log in and get on the trace -
Search for traces and spans, and see all the things you came for
- Viewing the trace timeline: Dig into the details of each span
- Viewing the trace graph: See the sequence of requests within a trace, with spans grouped into node blocks
- Viewing the trace statistics : Focus on the span timing metrics
- Viewing the trace JSON: Generate the JSON file for the trace, for future reference
- Comparing traces: See where traces differ from each other by comparing node blocks
- Viewing trace topology diagrams: See the dependencies and structure of your system, as told by your tracing data
- Correlating logs and traces: Harness Kibana and Jaeger for even more powerful insights.