This topic is for Prometheus users migrating their solution to Logz.io Infrastructure Monitoring powered by Grafana.
You can send your Prometheus metrics to your Logz.io Infrastructure Monitoring account. To do this, you’ll need to send your application metrics to Logz.io in JSON format and stick to the formatting guidelines.
Our log scraping software service takes all your log file data, scrapes it and stores it in an archive. The log data may include messaging, calendaring, and other data types.
Before you begin, make sure you have the following details for your Logz.io Metrics account: Listener address (URL) and Logz.io metrics account token.
- You can import your existing dashboards to Logz.io, either manually or in a bulk process.
- Notification endpoints and dashboard annotations are not imported: You’ll need to recreate them in Logz.io.
Configuring Prometheus metrics remote write to Logz.io
- Define Logz.io as a new endpoint in Prometheus, using remote write.
- Provide the Logz.io metrics account listener address (URL) and token.
You can read more about Prometheus Remote Write Tuning here.
Your incoming time series data is saved with matching retention and aggregation, according to the existing solution and your account plan:
- 3 days - raw data
- 7 days - 1-minute downsampling
- 30 days - 10-minute downsampling
- 18 months- 60-minute downsampling
Importing dashboards from Grafana
You can do this manually, or use a script to import all the dashboards in a folder to Logz.io
After your Prometheus metrics begin to arrive to Logz.io:
- To mport dashboards from your local Grafana
- Export the relevant Prometheus dashboards from your Grafana as JSON files.
Log into Logz.io
Log in to Logz.io and navigate to the Metrics tab.
In the left navigation pane, click “+”, select the Import option, and import dashboards.
- To import your saved Prometheus dashboards: Click Upload json file and select the JSON files you saved in step 1. For more information see Upload JSON logs.
- To import dashboards from Grafana.com
Enter the relevant dashboard URL or ID in the Import via grafana.com field and click Load.